|LEED© Certified Green Building
Buildings account for 40% of total global energy usage. GreenSpaces will demonstrate that it is possible to economically reduce the energy used (mainly fossil fuel derived grid power) by buildings from 40% to 10% via technology, lifestyle changes, and design, and in the process prove that "Green is Green" and therefore sustainable.
GreenSpaces will be a United States Green Building Council (USGBC) certified Platinum rated ‘Green building’ and the world's most energy efficient commercial building.
GreenSpaces will be the first Technology Park in India to have this certification.
Green buildings are designed to be healthier and more enjoyable working environments.
Our award winning engineers designed GreenSpaces adhering to rigorous parameters laid down by the LEED© rating for a Platinum-level building. Particular care was taken in the design for:
- Building Orientation and Landscape
- Emphasis on Natural light
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Conservation and Alternative Energy
- Selection of building material
- Sewage treatment and recycling of water
- Rainwater harvesting
Four attributes associated with Green Building design – increased ventilation control, increased temperature control, increased lighting control and increased daylighting – have been positively and significantly correlated with increased productivity and reduced employee turnover in various studies.
Some benefits of a 'Green Building':
- Green buildings are designed to be healthier and more enjoyable working environments. Workplace qualities that improve the environment of knowledge workers may also reduce stress and lead to longer lives for multidisciplinary teams.
- Significantly better lighting quality including: more daylighting, better daylight harvesting and use of shading, greater occupancy control over light levels and less glare.
- Improved thermal comfort and better ventilation. Better performance of systems such as ventilation, heating and air conditioning.
- LEED certified buildings utilize less toxic materials, low-emitting adhesives & sealants, paints, carpets, and composite woods, and indoor chemical & pollutant source control.
- Attracting and retaining the best employees can be linked to the quality of benefits that workers receive, including the physical, environmental and technological workplace.
- Green building activities result in reduction of operating costs by 25-30%.
- Green corporate image - positive public image through a commitment to healthy, environmentally responsible buildings.
For more information on LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Certified buildings, visit www.usgbc.org